Test Cases for Online Examination System
Test Scenarios for Setting Exam Functionality
- Verify that the application has a portal to add subject wise questions and their options.
- Verify that the examiner can set the examination details like ‘Exam Name’, ‘Subject’, ‘Exam Code’ etc.
- Verify that the examiner can set the total number of questions and based on the number of questions, the examiner is presented with the window to add question details.
- Verify that the examiner can set details for each question – Question, Options, Marks etc.
- Verify that the examiner can set or leave the option of negative marking.
- Verify that the examiner can set the passing marks for clearing the exam.
- Verify that the examiner can set time duration for the whole exam or for individual questions if required.
Test scenarios for Student’s section
- Verify the student can choose the examination based on the exam name or code.
- Verify that the student should see the options to fill the required details like name, roll number, etc before starting the exam.
- Verify that after filling the required details user should see the option to begin the exam along with instructions.
- Verify that once the examination begins a timer gets started based on the test duration.
- Verify that for each question user is presented with an option for multiple-choice questions(MCQ) type questions.
- Verify that the user can chose single(radio button) or multiple(checkbox) option based on the type of questions.
- Verify that on question’s window user is presented with options to move to the previous or next question.
- Verify that once all the questions are answered or passed user can end the test.
- Verify that if the time duration for the test gets reached the test automatically ends.
- Verify that once the test is submitted, the test evaluation is performed considering the positive and negative marking.
- Verify that on evaluation user is presented with Pass/Fail status along with Marks secured, questions attempted etc.