OpKey – The SaaS-based Test Automation Tool
With the coming of new-age technologies, automation testing has also taken a better and superior form with the upcoming platforms.
While there are numerous testing platforms in the market, we are here today going to discuss the latest SaaS (Software as a service) based automation platform – Opkey.
Opkey is a 5th gen automation platform that is used by the test engineers to create automation test scripts using its unique keyword-driven approach.
The tool has over 700 inbuilt keywords, thus making it easier to perform testing even with less or no coding knowledge. Therefore, due to the presence of inbuilt keywords, the application does all generic automation actions required.
It is a complete test automation platform for web applications. As well as you can automate all kinds of applications (Web, Desktop, Mobile) by using OpKey. Besides, it allows you to automate popular CRM applications (Salesforce, Workday, TrackWise, OracleEBs, etc.)
The OpKey for Windows supports most of the web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. While OpKey with Mac OS supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari web browsers.
Note that, OpKey is not an automation tool in itself but also provides a complete end to end test automation solution by easily integrating with various automation tools.
- Build your script for automation without coding: with 700+ keywords there is no need for any coding language.
- Supports Behavior-Driven Development (BDD): BDD is changing the Agile development landscape & OpKey is now BDD enabled.
- Mobile Automation with Open Source: Quickly build a powerful & flexible test for both native and web-based mobile apps (iOS, Android, and Windows mobile) with a single automation script.
- Test Automation for Desktop, Mobile, and Web Services -All in One Script: automate web app, mobile app, and web services within just a single OpKey script.
- Supports Business Process Testing: software testing processes with business goals in order to reduce complexity.
- Supports multiple Plug-ins: Watir, Selenium, Sahi, RFT, QTP, Test Complete, etc.
- Supports all types of testing: Agile testing, functional testing, Cloud-based testing, Data-driven testing, Regression testing, etc.
- Cloud-enabled: Create a test locally and run it on the cloud (AWS, Rackspace, and Go Grid), thus allowing you to run your tests faster and pay only for the minutes used.
- Integrate with CI and ALM –Out of Box: OpKey is now integrated with various CI tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, BitBucket) and ALM tools like (TFS, HP QC/ALM, Jira, VSTS, etc).
Get Started with OpKey
Before jumping to the working of the platform let us start with the basics.
First things first, is there any specific system requirement to work with OpKey?
Although OpKey is a web application and supports a number of web browsers, you don’t need to configure several settings on your local machine but the prerequisite is JDK (version 8 or above) which must be installed on your machine to run web applications. Also, you need OpKey Execution Agent & OpKey Smart Recorder installed on your machine for execution and recording through OpKey.
With OpKey’s interactive and self-descriptive interface even a new user can easily interact with UI contents. After the successful creation of your OpKey Web account, the user needs to login to his/her registered OpKey Domain (Server URL) and select the project upon which you want to start working.
Check this video to watch, how to get started with the application.
Conclusion: With the emergence of test automation, testing of web applications has become hassle-free. Such platforms give the testers the freedom to script in different languages. And with the OpKey testing platform, the language barrier is also eradicated.